OK, now that it is officially Fall, I can finally talk about knits! If this is your first fall reading La Petite Peach, you haven’t quite seen my obsession with sweaters. I can’t get enough and Babaa is one of my favorite lines for kids, but also adults. The Autumn/Winter look book just launched, and I am going crazy for the navy. One of each please!
I can’t believe it’s October already! With the start of the fall months, I have been craving tea, sweaters, warm blankets and good books. I am also loving more neutral tones and darker jewels. What are you craving this fall? Would love to hear, comment below or shoot me a message here!
Summer is coming to an end here in New England and, so I thought, was my humidity hair frizz. I think-I hope-it’s pregnancy hormones but my hair has been frizzing out lately. Here are 7 ways to avoid frizzy hair year-round!
1. Don’t shampoo too much: This one is SO tough for me because I have oily skin and my roots get super oily. Try your best to shampoo every other day and use dry shampoo on your off days.
2. Use a frizz taming shampoo and conditioner: Frizz-be-gone shampoos and conditioners really do work, it’s not just hype! My all time favorite is Living Proof No Frizz and I alternate that with their Perfect Hair Day line.
3. Use an old shirt to dry your hair: You know when you get out of the shower and you wrap your hair in a towel? Try an old t-shirt instead. I swear it works!
4. Avoid touching your hair while you blow dry: The more you touch your hair the frizzier it becomes! Avoid touching your hair during styling and after.
5. Blow dry with the dryer facing downward: Never point the dryer up, it causes major fly aways and frizz. Blow drying in a downward motion keeps hair smooth.
6. Straighten your frizz: Try not to straighten your entire head, but the frizzy pieces can be tamed with a straighter. I hair spray my hair then comb it through first, so the iron burns off the spray and not my hair.
. A FREE copy of the Mindful Mama Workbook (COMING SOON!)
. A quick note in your inbox each week with all the latest blog posts
. A monthly email with tips on living more mindfully in the month to come
. Giveaways available only to newsletter subscribers