Wesleigh and I are the only ones in our house who like bananas, so I ALWAYS have at least two left over before they go completely bad. Last week I had 4 bananas that needed to be eaten that day, and so I made some healthy banana bread. I have to say that it came out delicious. Here is the recipe below. Let me know how yours turns out!
4 Large Very Ripe Bananas
1 tsp. of Cinnamon
3 tbs. of Flax Seeds
1tsp. of Whole Milk
3/4 Cup of Sugar
1 Stick of Butter (1 cup or 8 oz)
1 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
1 Cup of White Flour
1 tsp of Baking Soda
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Beat butter and sugar in a mixer then slowly add eggs one at a time.
2. In a separate bowl mix together the bananas, milk and cinnamon then add to the sugar mixture.
3. In another bowl combine the dry ingredients: Both types of flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt then add to the mixer slowly until all the ingredients are combined. Add the flax seeds last.
4. Add the batter to a loaf pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray to prevent the loaf from sticking.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean from the center of the loaf. Let cool on a rack for 15 minutes.