Happy Holidays Loves! It’s that cozy, and delightful time of year when we bundle up, and search for that perfect present for our loved ones, and little ones. This year, all of us at La Petite Peach hope to make it easier for you by sharing our favorite things, from fashion to toys, and even stocking stuffers.
We also have a HUGE GIVEAWAY! I am beyond thrilled to have Aran Goyoaga, from the gorgeous food blog, Cannelle et Vanille share a recipe with us, AND give away a copy of her new book Small Plates and Sweet Treats to a lucky La Petite Peach reader! Her recipe for Cranberry Quinoa Scones, is SO delicious (tried and tested by yours truly) you are going to love it. See contest rules below, and…
1. Artifact Uprising 2. Mouse in a Castle 3. Beverage Cart 4. Charity Buzz 5. Wooden High Chair 6. Gentleman’s Survival Kit 7. Vanity Shelves 8. Cuddly Fox 9. Still Treasures 10. Swedish Moccasins 11. Barefoot Contessa Cook Book 12. Caviar and Oyster Palette 13. Le Creuset French Press 14. TeePee 15. A Modern Doll House 16. DIY Cheese Kit 17. Wooden Keyboard 18. The Perfect PJ’s 19. DIY Beer Kit 20. Tory Burch Phone Cover
Hatch: The Shirt Dress Long, Isabella Oliver: Erin Faux Fur Gilet, Chloe: Sally Leather Clutch, Bobbi Brown: Tube Tint Trio Lip Gloss, Grey Eye Shadow and Extreme Party Mascara, Jules Smith: Take Me Back Necklace, Abs by Allen Schwartz Jewelry: Multi-Row Chain Link Bracelet, and Nars Nail Polish: Storm Bird Shark Grey
Bobbi Brown: Shimmer Brick Compact, Brightening Lip Gloss in Moonlight Pearl, Bobbi’s Party Party eau de parfum, and Candlelight Long-Wear Eye Wear, Anthropologie: Last Snow Drop Earrings, Alice + Olivia: Wide Neck Sequin Dress and Dina Suede Pumps
JCrew: Mayfair Topcoat in English Wool Herringbone, Pindot Tie, Bowery Classic in Wool Pants, Classic Leather Plaque Belt, Brooks Brothers: Shetland Saddle Shoulder Crowneck Sweatshirt, Banana Republic: Cashmere Framed Scarf, Jack Spade: Mill Leather Phone Slip, Tom Ford: Grey Vetiver eau de parfum spray
1. Personalized Kitchen Towels 2. Kissing Mistletoe Collection 3. French Soaps 4. White Snow 5. My Ideal Bookshelf 6. Personalized Recipe Gift Set with Embosser 7. Charles Fradin Home Letterpressed Typewriter Card Set 8. Olive Wood Salt Keeper 9. One Hope Wine 10. Champagne Chiller and Ice Mold 11. Corkcicle
Sugar Paper: Happy Holidays to You Boxed and Tags, Tiny Prints: Merry Antlers, Snowy Air, Mr. Boddington’s Studio: Merry and Bright Photocard, Tiny Prints: Winter Harmony, Mr. Boddington’s Studio: Happy 2013 Photocard, and Sugar Paper: Happy and Delightful Boxed, and Happy Holidays Tags,
1. Temporary Tattoos 2. Incog-Neato Mustaches 3. Counting Numbers Book 4. Green Pea Baby Rattle 5. Dessert Set 6. Bath Squirters 7. Design your own Tote 8. Design your own YoYo 9. MoMA Playtown 10. Leon the Cat Paris Blocks 11. Paris Puzzle 12. Toy Plane with Pilot 13. Yo Yo 14. Poster Paints 15. Deep into the Forest 16. Things that Go 17. Banjo 18. Magnetic Fairytails 19. Magnetic House 20. City Walks 21. Stencilsaurus set
“I was twelve the first time I visited London. My brother Jon and I stayed with our family friends Giovanni and Iziar, while my older brother Jokin stayed with another family across the street. We attended English classes in the morning and discovered the city in the afternoons and on weekends. Giovanni was a maitre d’ at a fine-dining Italian restaurant in the city, and Iziar worked at a proper English teahouse and bakery.
Every evening, Iziar came home with leftovers from the bakery. The blueberry muffins were always a breakfast favorite, and the scones were packed in our school lunch sacks for afternoon tea break, a tradition I have kept ever since.”
- 1 ¼ sticks (10 tablespoons or 140 g) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (125 ml) cold unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup (100 g) cranberries
- 1 cup (140 g) superfine brown rice flour
- 1 cup (90 g) quinoa flakes, plus more for topping
- 1/3 cup (45 g) quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup (40 g) tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup (70 g) natural cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar, for topping
1) Place the butter in the freezer at least 30 minutes before beginning.
2) Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
3) Mix the coconut milk and lemon juice in a bowl and chill for 5 minutes.
4) Coarsely chop the cranberries in a food processor and set them aside.
5) In a large bowl, whisk together the superfine brown rice flour, quinoa flakes, quinoa flour, tapioca starch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange zest. Take the butter out of the freezer and grate it using the large holes in a box grater. Gently toss the butter into the flour mixture, but try not to touch it too much, as the warmth from your hands can melt it.
6) Whisk 1 egg into the coconut milk mixture. Add this mixture to the flour-and-butter base and fold with a wooden spatula until it comes together. Fold in the chopped cranberries.
7) Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead it a few times until it comes together. Form a disk, pat it down, and roll it out to a ¾-inch thickness. Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter dipped in superfine brown rice flour, cut out the scones and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Re-roll scraps once and cut again.
8) Whisk the remaining egg in a small bowl. Using a pastry brush, brush the tops of the scones with the egg wash. Sprinkle demerara sugar and quinoa flakes on top of each scone.
9) Bake the scones until golden brown, about 18 minutes. Let them cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes and then cool them completely on a wire rack. They keep well at room temperature for 2 days, or they can be frozen for up to 1 month.
To enter the Small Plates and Sweet Treats book giveaway, go online to our Facebook Page and comment under the contest post, your FAVORITE thing about the holidays. We will announce the winner Monday December 17th via Facebook.
You also get the Mindful Mama Workbook for FREE just for subscribing!