Mini Boden was always on my radar to shop at for the kids, but I had never ordered from there until a few weeks ago. My heart practically burst when I saw Wesleigh in this sweet little bird skirt! The quality was perfect for getting rough and tumble at school. I even ordered Luke a pair of pants that he loves. Wesleighs shirt is from Mini Boden as well and her moccs are from Mini Moccs. Shop the post and my favorites below!
Summer is coming to an end here in New England and, so I thought, was my humidity hair frizz. I think-I hope-it’s pregnancy hormones but my hair has been frizzing out lately. Here are 7 ways to avoid frizzy hair year-round!
1. Don’t shampoo too much: This one is SO tough for me because I have oily skin and my roots get super oily. Try your best to shampoo every other day and use dry shampoo on your off days.
2. Use a frizz taming shampoo and conditioner: Frizz-be-gone shampoos and conditioners really do work, it’s not just hype! My all time favorite is Living Proof No Frizz and I alternate that with their Perfect Hair Day line.
3. Use an old shirt to dry your hair: You know when you get out of the shower and you wrap your hair in a towel? Try an old t-shirt instead. I swear it works!
4. Avoid touching your hair while you blow dry: The more you touch your hair the frizzier it becomes! Avoid touching your hair during styling and after.
5. Blow dry with the dryer facing downward: Never point the dryer up, it causes major fly aways and frizz. Blow drying in a downward motion keeps hair smooth.
6. Straighten your frizz: Try not to straighten your entire head, but the frizzy pieces can be tamed with a straighter. I hair spray my hair then comb it through first, so the iron burns off the spray and not my hair.
OK, yes, Wesleigh is getting a little big to “baby wear” but she did say “Weeee” the first time I tried on this amazing baby-wearing coat from B&ME! I think she likes it! My only regret is not getting this coat sooner. It’s SO perfect for little ones on cold New England days.
If you are trying to look stylish this winter and baby wear, you should most definitely check out this coat by B&Me. You can wear it while pregnant, with baby, and without baby. Definitely one of my favorite finds!
Baby wearing is one of the most amazing things you can do with, and for, your new (or older) baby. When I was pregnant with Luke I did a ton of research on which carriers to buy, and SO much had changed by the time Wesleigh was born. There are different carriers that I think work for different age groups. Here are my favorites below.
For Newborns: For newborn babies I love the Solly Baby wrap. It’s perfect for breast feeding too.
For Babies 6+ Months: The Ergo is a carrier I still use for Wesleigh. She is 24 lbs and I can still wear her in the front without hurting my neck or back.
For Toddlers: The Osprey baby pack is perfect for toddlers and babies who are 8 months and up. The perfect hiking pack!
. A FREE copy of the Mindful Mama Workbook (COMING SOON!)
. A quick note in your inbox each week with all the latest blog posts
. A monthly email with tips on living more mindfully in the month to come
. Giveaways available only to newsletter subscribers