The Recipe: Meredith Steele from In Sock Monkey Slippers and we think this is the perfect way to kick off the weekend! Here’s to sunny Spring weather!
Cherry Yogurt Popsicles makes 10 3oz popsicles
- 16 oz weight (1 bag) frozen cherries, defrosted*
- 1 cup plain yogurt** I used White Mountain Bulgarian Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons pure honey
- 1 popsicle mold for 10 3oz popsicles (I’m using the Norpro Ice Pop Maker)
- 10 popsicle sticks
* I find frozen defrosted organic cherries are the best for this recipe. They are already pitted and have had time to release their juices. If you prefer, fresh cherries can substituted.
** I used White Mountain Bulgarian Yogurt for this recipe as part of an upcoming product review. The taste is tart and provides a fantastic flavor combination with the cherries. I highly suggest it but any plain yogurt can be substituted.
1. Place defrosted cherries in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, about 1 minute.
2. To the yogurt, add honey and stir to combine.
3. Pour about 2 tablespoons of the cherry puree into the molds. Next, pour 2 tablespoons of the yogurt honey mixture into the molds. Repeat until the molds are full and you have layers of cherry puree and yogurt. With the end of a spoon or a chopstick, lightly stir the cherry puree and the yogurt until it just begins to have a swirled effect.
4. Place popsicle sticks in the molds and place in the freezer. Freeze at least 4 hours or until frozen. To remove from the molds, pour warm water briefly over the outside of the popsicle molds and then pull on the popsicle stick.
You also get the Mindful Mama Workbook for FREE just for subscribing!