I thought that, after the holiday hustle, my stress level would naturally reduce. It turns out going from two to three kids has my head spinning, and I realized I will have to make more of a conscious effort to de-stress. I sat down to think about what I can do to be more proactive, and here’s what I came up with. However, I would love to hear what you do to alleviate your stress!
- 20 Minutes of Quiet: Take 20 minutes at the beginning of your day, while the house is still quiet, to sit and relax. Take deep breaths and even meditate if you have time.
- Unplug: Shut down all your devices and turn the TV off. Start your day without technology to keep your mind clear and rested.
- Cup of Tea: I love coffee, it’s my guilty pleasure. But once a week I have a cup of tea in the morning. Herbal teas have a calming effect, and it’s a great way to de-stress.
- Stretch It Out: Doing a short yoga practice clears your mind and relieves tension. I love this practice you can do from your desk.
- Pamper Yourself: Lying down with a good book and a face mask at the end of a stressful day is amazing. This honey mask is my favorite.